So there's a lot I don't like about this box mod and frankly I don't think it'll ever be more to me than just a keep-sake.
It's heavy, and bulky, doesn't feel great in the hand and the 16mm fire switch is awkward and firm.
The pot is also awkward to adjust, and since I didn't have a 13mm drill bit the hole is too large for it at 14mm so to get around that I put a layer of heat shrink tubing around it, and it just looks awful lol. I may experiment with getting it to sit flush another time.
Wiring is a complete rats nest. I was more concerned with putting it together to see if it all worked rather than doing any proper planning and placement. I also would not attempt this again with the same guage wire, since this build really would never be carrying more than 10 amps anyway I could have got away with thinner wiring for the load baring lines.
I also didn't consider that I wouldn't be able to use my favourite coil build (1.3ohm Clapton) to any decent effect with an OKR since 6v only gives me about 28 watts, bummer. Should of plugged the numbers first before buying the parts 😂
Oh and that Hammond lean, my goodness. I don't have a belt sander with a fence, so.. Yeah that's not going anywhere.
Overall a 10/10 DIY experience, but a 2/10 for a box mod. For me anyway.